DESCRIPTION OF THE GAME
S U S A N A is a game that helps you think, concretize or focus on a project, idea or practice through conversation. With a set of cards that contain questions and actions, organized around a set of rules to choose, S U S A N A will allow you to generate a dialogue on your field of interest.
This game is composed by a set of 80 cards and 2 game boards to choose.
To make your own set, get two deck of cards (80 cards minimum) and the document, print it on adhesive label paper or stick in another way each label on a card. You will also find two game boards to print.
Before who start playing, you need to choose who will be A and you will be B:
A: is the person or people who propose the project, plan, practice, idea, situation, work, enterprise or proposal on which you want to talk.
B: is the person or people that will assist A during the play. Their function will be to listen A and help articulate, develop, moderate or readjust the conversation towards the question that is being tackled.
TO START THE GAME
The first part has a maximum duration of 20 minutes. Choose a way to mark the beginning and the end of the time (for example, set an alarm clock on your cell phone, or take a sand clock or kitchen clock).
1. A explains the essential of their project, plan, practice, idea, situation, work, enterprise or proposal on which A want to talk in order for B to have the necessary information to accompany.
2. A, with the help of B, formulate a question that will guide the play.
3. A, with the help of B, pick up a game board with which they want to play. With the chosen board a family of concepts will be chosen to accompany the conversation. Once chosen, A will write down the concepts in the boxes on the board.
4. A writes down the question formulated before on the designated box on the board.
The play will have a one hour duration. Choose a way to mark the beginning and the end of the time (for example, set an alarm clock on your cell phone, or take a sand clock or kitchen clock).
1. B activates the time that will mark the duration of the play.
2. A shuffles the cards thinking on the formulated question that is written on the board.
3. A puts upside down one card in each position of the board. A turns one card that will set the beginning of the conversation, and A will turn the following cards consequently. When A thinks it is necessary to renovate the cards to stimulate the conversation, A will shuffle again and set new cards on the board.
4. It will proceed this way until finishing the time of the play.
These game rules can be modified.
For one player:
Read the instructions of the game.
A and B will be the same person. It is recommended to find a support that helps developing the reflection: recorder, pen and paper, video, etc.